Dear INCOGNITO friends,
The team of INCOGNITO always tries to go one step further, and now it’s the time!
We will use Kubernetes in our project, a technology that emerged from the need for better virtualization.
About Kubernetes, you already heard, I know, but what it does in detail, we are going to find out.
We will be organizing an online workshop in two parts:
The first part will cover Kubernetes from beginning to advanced.
In the second part, we will do a follow-up, answer the questions and go further to more advanced topics.
We will try to keep each session within the limits of 90 minutes. The participation is free, and we encourage everyone to participate, either professional or just students with a technical profile. The audience can vary from Software developers and DevOps to Infrastructure people and Management departments.
The workshop will be held by certSIGN integration teams under the supervision of Nicolae Rosia.
The first workshop part will happen on Friday, 26 of February 2021, at 13:00 GMT (15:00 Athens, Bucharest, Cyprus time), online via Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/bou-mzcv-qqy.
We will include great topics and objectives like:
- Understand the difference between technologies that allow you to run workloads
- Refresher of what containers are, container runtimes, Dockerfiles
- What is Kubernetes (K8s) and why you will like it
- K8s concepts and components
- Creating your K8s cluster with minikube
- Working with K8s: kubectl, k8slens
- Creating Deployments, Services
Some screenshots from the first part of the workshop